Sunday, March 22, 2009

I heart dosas!!!!

Here's a picture of my first masala dosa (bought from a street vendor in Calcutta) before I even knew what a masala dosa was. Masala dosa is a typical southern Indian dish. I'd say that it's kind of a mix between a French crepe and a Mexican burrito, but the shell is made from soaked rice and dal instead of flour. Inside is the masala which is made out of potatoes, and it's served with coconut chutney. Yum!!

This one is huge. It's called a paper dosa because it's as thin as paper, I guess. It was so thin, crispy and greasy!!
Here's the guy that made it for me. Thanks! At this restaurant my dosa cost 20 rupees!! That's about 60 yen or 60 cent. Wow!! I love you dosa!! Just last week I found an Indian restaurant in Ogikubo that serves masala dosas. There I had my first dosa in a year and it was amazing.

No comments: